A healthy cat is slender, muscular, and active. Studies show that obesity can significantly shorten the life of your cat. We therefore recommend:
- Two meals daily of canned food.
- Small snacks through the day of crunchy food to increase dental health.
Kidney disease and lower urinary tract disease have been shown to be directly related to a low level dehydration over a cat's lifetime. Water and the moisture content of food are vital to your cat's longevity and health.
- Several sources of fresh, clean water in strategic locations (cats like to drink in the bathroom and bedroom).
- That you try containers that are made of glass or pottery and avoid plastic and metal (many cats like to drink water from coffee cups and glasses).
- That you try a water fountain (available in pet stores), and clean it often.